- RSS Channel Showcase 2210861
- RSS Channel Showcase 4069895
- RSS Channel Showcase 3169735
- RSS Channel Showcase 7586848
Articles on this Page
- 10/28/18--04:25: _Video – Places to G...
- 10/31/18--18:27: _TVJ Climate Change ...
- 10/30/18--11:12: _Caribbean Sports wi...
- 11/05/18--08:28: _Environmental Arts Day
- 11/06/18--08:11: _Jamaica Diaspora Le...
- 11/15/18--10:18: _Lauren Le Franc Mer...
- 11/29/18--09:20: _Girls Who Know JA
- 11/29/18--10:11: _Turtle Hatching
- 11/29/18--10:22: _Scotiabank To Sell ...
- 11/30/18--08:09: _Tell Your MP
- 10/28/18--04:25: Video – Places to Go in St. Elizabeth
- 10/31/18--18:27: TVJ Climate Change Feature
- 10/30/18--11:12: Caribbean Sports with European Heritage
- 11/05/18--08:28: Environmental Arts Day
- 11/06/18--08:11: Jamaica Diaspora Leadership Summit
- 11/15/18--10:18: Lauren Le Franc Merging Coffee And Technology
- 11/29/18--09:20: Girls Who Know JA
- 11/29/18--10:11: Turtle Hatching
- 11/29/18--10:22: Scotiabank To Sell Nine Operations In Caribbean
- 11/30/18--08:09: Tell Your MP
Written by Danielle Mullings Climate change has become a more pressing concern in the Caribbean and communities across Jamaica. One of our local television stations, TVJ has produced four features shedding light on the situation and the community response. The features speak on the reality of climate change in the Caribbean evidenced by the coastal […]
From the ‘point of contact’ in 1492, European cultural institutions have impacted Caribbean society and culture. The remains of colonization by major powers like the...
It was indeed a happy day at Happy House when New Wave and Do Good Jamaica collaborated to put on an Environmental Arts Day. Kids were fully entertained as they painted, drummed and sang the tune of environmental awareness.
Representatives of the Jamaican Diaspora Leadership in the United States of America (USA) will be holding a three-day Leadership Summit, in Morrow, Georgia, to focus on the development of the organisation’s US-based leadership and strengthen its remit to Jamaica. The event will take place at the Morrow Center in Morrow, Georgia, November 16-18. “The main purpose of the Summit […]
Owner of True Blue Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee, Lauren Le Franc, is embarking on a huge business venture by assisting coffee farmers globally. Her business is now registered in the UK as The Little Coffee Company and her mission is to bring a difference to the coffee industry with technological solutions. Her mission to help farmers […]
Developed in 2017 by 18 year old Chelsea Wright, Girls Who Know JA seeks to provide comprehensive sexuality education to the young people of Jamaica. This movement is led by youth under 20 years old which allows it to connect directly with this target population...
As the year halts to a close, most Jamaicans are eagerly awaiting the sounds of carols and the sights of Christmas lights. In St. Elizabeth the views are slightly different.
Scotiabank announced an agreement to sell its banking operations in nine non-core markets in the Caribbean to Trinidad-based Republic Financial Holdings Limited. The countries included Anguilla, Antigua, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, according to a Scotiabank release. Republic Financial indicated that it will spend a total of US$123 million for the acquisition. “The purchase price represents a US$25 […]
Opening up the political process in this way will take some getting used to, but our entire political system can only gain from giving citizens greater ownership of the entire democratic process—by having a greater say and the much-needed transparency to monitor how their tax dollars are being spent. Julian Robinson MP South East St […]